Subject: [Geopriv] RFC 7199 on Location Configuration Extensions for Policy Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:01:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7199

        Title:      Location Configuration Extensions for  
                    Policy Management 
        Author:     R. Barnes, M. Thomson,
                    J. Winterbottom, H. Tschofenig
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 41313
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-geopriv-policy-uri-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7199.txt

Current location configuration protocols are capable of provisioning
an Internet host with a location URI that refers to the host's
location.  These protocols lack a mechanism for the target host to
inspect or set the privacy rules that are applied to the URIs they
distribute.  This document extends the current location configuration
protocols to provide hosts with a reference to the rules that are
applied to a URI so that the host can view or set these rules.

This document is a product of the Geographic Location/Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC