Subject: [Geopriv] HELD - support question for RFC 7540 (HTTP/2)

From: Roger Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 22:09:53 +0000

What are the implications for HTTP/2 support for the HELD protocol (e.g., RFC 6155)?  Does HELD support for RFC 7540 require a new IETF Internet draft or not?

I'd be happy to hear from a minimum of 2 or 3 folks on this.

Thanks in advance.

Roger Marshall

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, any review, forwarding, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication or any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete it and all attachments from your computer and network.

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:38:11 -0700

On 23 September 2015 at 15:09, Roger Marshall <[email-masked]> wrote:
> What are the implications for HTTP/2 support for the HELD protocol (e.g.,
> RFC 6155)?  Does HELD support for RFC 7540 require a new IETF Internet draft
> or not?

There are no issues there.  HTTP/2 introduces new constraints on the
implementation, in particular with respect to the use of TLS, but as
long as those new requirements are met, then HTTP/2 is perfectly
suitable for use with HELD.  (The same applies to LoST.)

The HTTP binding in RFC 5985 is intended to reduce the HTTP feature
set that implementers need to support, not change it.  So any
compliant implementation should be fine.

---

From: "Rosen, Brian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:23:17 +0000

If you need another opinion, I agree in all respects.

Brian

> On Sep 23, 2015, at 8:38 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Geopriv mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/geopriv

---

From: Roger Marshall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 18:10:00 +0000

Martin & Brian:
Thanks to you both for weighing in on this.

-roger.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 24, 2015, at 10:23 AM, Rosen, Brian <[email-masked]> wrote:
>