Subject: grow: Updated GROW BOF agenda

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 06:44:47 -0800

Let me know if you have questions/comments.

	Thanks,

	Dave

-----

 	Global Routing Operations Working Group BOF (grow)
 	
 	Tuesday, March 18 at 1700-1800
 	==============================
 	
 	CHAIRS:		David Meyer <[email-masked]>
			Vijay Gill  <[email-masked]>
 	
	Mailing List:	[email-masked]

			To subscribe, send mail to
			[email-masked] with the line
			"subscribe grow" in the body (no quotes).
 	
			The Mhonarc archive can be found at:

			http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/
			  username: grow
			  password: light

 	AGENDA:         Agenda Bashing                   5 minutes
 	                Review GROW Mission Statement    5 minutes
 	                PTOMAINE Update/Review          10 minutes
 	                GROW Scope Discussion           15 minutes
				Potential active drafts:
				draft-turk-bgp-dos-04.txt 
				draft-gill-btsh-01.txt    
				draft-hardie-bounded-longest-match-04.txt
				Other?
 	                Candidate Charter               15 minutes
 	                Next Steps                      10 minutes
 	       
 	Full Description:
 	
 	The Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) is fundamental to the
 	operation of the Internet. In recent years, the occurrence
 	of BGP related operational issues has increased, and
 	while overall understanding of the default-free routing
 	system has improved, there is still a long and growing
 	list of concerns. Among these are routing table growth rates,
 	dynamic properties of the routing system, and the effects
 	of routing policy on both the size and dynamic nature of
 	the routing table. In addition, new and innovative uses of
 	BGP, such as the use of BGP as a signaling protocol for
 	applications such as VPN, have created new and unexpected
 	operational issues.
 	
 	The purpose of the Global Routing Operations WG (GROW) is
	continue and expand on the original charter of the
	PTOMAINE WG. In particular, the purpose of GROW is to
	consider and measure the problem of routing table growth,
	and where appropriate, to document the operational
	aspects of measurement, policy, security, and VPN
	infrastructures. 

 	

____________________________________________________________
Web Archive:     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/
.               (username: grow password: light)