Subject: Re: grow: Re: Formal Appeal regarding IESG decision on the GROW WG

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:58:08 -0800

--On 17. november 2003 23:37 -0500 Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>> What was this comment ?
>>
>> Yakov.
>
> I wish I could remember it, frankly.  It was overshadowed in my memory
> by the fact that it was followed by his resignation.

note, just to get the record straight:
Randy's resignation did not occur in GROW.
He had announced it to the IESG that morning; at that time, he did not
mention GROW at all.

                     Harald

____________________________________________________________
Web Archive:     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: "Henk Uijterwaal (RIPE-NCC)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:57:06 +0100 (CET)

Harald,

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> note, just to get the record straight: Randy's resignation did not occur
> in GROW. He had announced it to the IESG that morning; at that time, he
> did not mention GROW at all.

Well, Randy made a remark in the grow working group that ended with
something along the lines of "in that case, I'll resign from the IETF and
IESG effective noon tomorrow".  To me, it _sounded_ as if that decision
had been triggered by the discussion in the GROW WG.

Henk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Henk Uijterwaal                             Email: [email-masked]
RIPE Network Coordination Centre            WWW: http://www.ripe.net/home/henk
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258           Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam    Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands      Mobile: +31.6.55861746
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That problem that we weren't having yesterday, is it better? (Big ISP NOC)
____________________________________________________________
Web Archive:     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:02:00 +0200 (EET)

> had been triggered by the discussion in the GROW WG.

No, it was more like, "this is exactly the kind of shit why I'm
resigning from IESG and IETF effective tomorrow".

I.e. there was no implication that this was the reason, but could be 
interpreted like that.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:12:11 -0500

In message <[email-masked]>, "Henk Uijterwaal (
>had been triggered by the discussion in the GROW WG.

No -- he had informed the IESG of his resignation before GROW met.

		--Steve Bellovin, http://www.research.att.com/~smb