Subject: Re: grow: draft-meyer-collection-communities-00.txt updated

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:06:03 -0800

> There is some redundancy ISO-3166, and hence there is not always a 
> unique choice of country identifier for any particular country.
> 
> For example, a route learnt in London, England could be encoded using 
> the iso-3166-2 scheme above as N:191 (GB) or N:578 (UK). If EU gets 
> assigned for Europe, this would provide another opportunity for 
> overlap.

</ad>

complexity is its own reward

i don't find any of this useful

randy

____________________________________________________________
Web Archive:     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 15:58:59 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, David Meyer wrote:
> Seems like we need to just choose one. Let's stay with the ISO
> country codes, as Sean (and Henk) suggest. Dave

FWIW, I found the telephone codes more useful.. for the sole reason of
being able to notice them on sight, instead of having to do calculation on
the base-27.. :-)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings