Subject: grow: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt (fwd)

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:10:32 +0200 (EET)

FYI --

We're analyzing different options for discovering a tunnel endpoint for 
IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnel (through a NAT).  There will be a BOF at the next IETF.

We'd like routing people to review and send feedback especially on 
section 3.1, which details approaches using anycast.

The main concern people have raised is that debugging anycast 
advertisements, even though they would only be used to establish the 
unicast address of the server, would be an operational issue. 
(Personally as a routing operator, I don't see what the problem is.)
So, any feedback on the operational feasibility of using anycast for 
this purpose would be appreciated.

Please send your comments to v6tc list, here, or to me privately (and I'll 
relay them).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:33:31 +0200 (EET)
From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [v6tc] I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt (fwd)

Hi,

The analysis/conclusions document on tunnel end-point discovery has been 
re-focused and summarized to try to capture the critical discussions better.

It would be extremely useful if folks, especially those ones which have not 
participated in the discussions before, would take a look and send comments on 
the list.  The document should reflect most of the discussion on discovery that 
have taken place both on- and off-list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:39:12 -0500
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

 	Title		: Analysis of IPv6 Tunnel End-point Discovery 
Mechanisms
 	Author(s)	: J. Palet, et al.
 	Filename	: draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt
 	Pages		: 17
 	Date		: 2005-1-24

To be able to automate setting up IPv6-in-IPv4 tunnels, it is
    important to be able to automatically determine the tunnel end-point
    for the tunneling mechanism.  This memo presents a short analysis and
    conclusions on the different approaches for discovering the IPv6
    tunnel endpoint on a node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the 
message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
 	"get draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
 	[email-masked].
In the body type:
 	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-palet-v6ops-tun-auto-disc-03.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
 	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
 	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
 	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
 	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
 	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
 	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
 	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
 	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
v6tc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/v6tc
.
dnsop resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/dnsop/index.html
_________________________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow.html
web archive:        http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/grow/