Subject: grow: draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-07.txt posted

From: David Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:40:24 -0700

Folks,

	This draft was hung up for the longest time on the
	extended communities draft, which finally cleared. So
	after some wrangling about code points, it was suggested
	that I additionally instruct the IANA to create two
	registries, one for standard communities and one for
	extended communities, for the values in Section 4. In
	particular, the <Value> part of this table: 

       Category                                 Value
     ===============================================================
     Reserved                                 <AS>:0000000000000000
     Customer Routes                          <AS>:0000000000000001
     Peer Routes                              <AS>:0000000000000010
     Internal Routes                          <AS>:0000000000000011
     Internal More Specific Routes            <AS>:0000000000000100
     Special Purpose Routes                   <AS>:0000000000000101
     Upstream Routes                          <AS>:0000000000000110
     Reserved                                 <AS>:0000000000000111-
                                              <AS>:0000011111111111
     National and Regional Routes             <AS>:0000100000000000-
                                              <AS>:1111111111111111
      Encoded as                              <AS>:<R><X><CC>
      Reserved National and Regional values   <AS>:0100000000000000-
                                              <AS>:1111111111111111
   Where

     <AS> is the 16-bit AS
     <R> is the 5-bit Region Identifier
     <X> is the 1-bit satellite link indication
       X = 1 for satellite links, 0 otherwise
     <CC> is the 10-bit ISO-3166-2 country code [ISO3166]

   and <R> takes the values:

     Africa (AF)                            00001
     Oceania (OC)                           00010
     Asia (AS)                              00011
     Antarctica (AQ)                        00100
     Europe (EU)                            00101
     Latin America/Caribbean Islands (LAC)  00110
     North America (NA)                     00111
     Reserved                               01000-11111

	In any event, this is included in the respin. Our ADs
	would like us to do a mini-WGLC for this item, which I
	will issue as soon as the draft hits the repositories.  

	Thanks,

	Dave