Subject: grow: BCP0114 RFC 4384 on BGP Communities for Data Collection

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:47:33 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 114        
        RFC 4384

        Title:      BGP Communities for Data Collection 
        Author:     D. Meyer
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26078
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0114

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4384.txt

BGP communities (RFC 1997) are used by service providers for many
purposes, including tagging of customer, peer, and geographically
originated routes.  Such tagging is typically used to control the
scope of redistribution of routes within a provider\'s network and to
its peers and customers.  With the advent of large-scale BGP data
collection (and associated research), it has become clear that the
information carried in such communities is essential for a deeper
understanding of the global routing system.  This memo defines
standard (outbound) communities and their encodings for export to BGP
route collectors.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 114        
        RFC 4384

        Title:      BGP Communities for Data Collection 
        Author:     D. Meyer
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       February 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 26078
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0114

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-collection-communities-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4384.txt

BGP communities (RFC 1997) are used by service providers for many
purposes, including tagging of customer, peer, and geographically
originated routes.  Such tagging is typically used to control the
scope of redistribution of routes within a provider\'s network and to
its peers and customers.  With the advent of large-scale BGP data
collection (and associated research), it has become clear that the
information carried in such communities is essential for a deeper
understanding of the global routing system.  This memo defines
standard (outbound) communities and their encodings for export to BGP
route collectors.  This document specifies an Internet Best Current 
Practices for the Internet Community, and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...