Subject: [GROW] BCP 126, RFC 4786 on Operation of Anycast Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 13:56:45 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP0126        
        RFC 4786

        Title:      Operation of Anycast Services 
        Author:     J. Abley, K. Lindqvist
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Date:       December 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 56818
        Updates:    
        See-Also:   BCP0126

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-anycast-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4786.txt

As the Internet has grown, and as systems and networked services
within enterprises have become more pervasive, many services with
high availability requirements have emerged.  These requirements have
increased the demands on the reliability of the infrastructure on
which those services rely.

Various techniques have been employed to increase the availability of
services deployed on the Internet.  This document presents commentary
and recommendations for distribution of services using anycast.  This 
document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations
Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow