Subject: [GROW] proposals for draft-ietf-grow-mrt-03

From: Erik Romijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:02:04 +0100

Hi all,

I'm working with Juergen Kammer to make Quagga's MRT dump code and
libbgpdump support 32bit ASNs. We have a few proposals for things that
appear to be missing in draft-ietf-grow-mrt-03.

We've encountered a few things in the library which are supposed to be
based on working group discussions, but are not included in the
(expired) draft.
However, the old archives are inaccessible and have not been merged with
the new ones. So, I might be repeating a bit of previous discussion here.

What we propose to be included in the draft:

- A new MRT routing information type: TABLE_DUMP_32BIT_AS.
  A current implementation in the library is to encode the 32bit AS flag
  into the address family field of the TABLE_DUMP, but this doesn't seem
  very nice.
  TABLE_DUMP_32BIT_AS would be the same as TABLE_DUMP, except with a
  32bit field for the Peer AS.

- A new BGP4MP type: BGP4MP_STATE_CHANGE_32BIT_AS.
  This would be the same as BGP4MP_STATE_CHANGE, except with a 32bit
  field for the source and destination AS number.

Any comments are welcome.

cheers,
-- 
Erik Romijn                 RIPE NCC jr. software engineer
http://www.ripe.net/        Information Services dept.
_______________________________________________
GROW mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow