Subject: [GROW] I-D Action:draft-ietf-grow-va-mpls-innerlabel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 21:15:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Proposal to use an inner MPLS label to identify the remote ASBR VA
	Author(s)       : X. Xu, P. Francis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-va-mpls-innerlabel-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2009-09-23

The draft "MPLS Tunnels for Virtual Aggregation"
[I-D.ietf-grow-va-mpls] specifies how MPLS is used as the tunneling
protocol for Virtual Aggregation (VA).  The -00 version of that draft
specifies only one level of labels, with the result that one Label
Switched Path (LSP) for every remote ASBR must be established.  For
large ISPs, this can amount to a large number of LSPs.  This draft
proposes adding the option of using an inner label to identify the
remote ASBR.  Either an outer label or an IP tunnel is used to reach
the local ASBR.  When MPLS is used as the tunneling protocol, this
reduces the number of LSPs to the number of local border routers
(ASBR).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-grow-va-mpls-innerlabel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.