Subject: [GROW] ORTC

From: "John G. Scudder" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:52:29 +0900

Constructing Optimal IP Routing Tables
Draves, R.P.   King, C.   Venkatachary, S.   Zill, B.D.
INFOCOM '99

http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=69698

(I got the acronym expansion wrong, it's "Optimal Routing Table  
Constructor".)

--John

---

From: Zartash Uzmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:02:10 +0500

I have a working implementation of ORTC and can make it available if needed.
The implementation has been tested for routing correctness, on a large
number of routeviews tables.

Zartash

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 6:52 AM, John G. Scudder <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>

---

From: Zartash Uzmi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 07:08:13 +0500

Quick synopsis:

ORTC performs FIB compression such that the number of entries in the
compressed FIB is the smallest. However, ORTC requires 3 passes if a tree
data structure is used to store the prefixes.

The compression achieved is roughly of the order of what is achieved by
level-4b (about 70% on recent tables from routeviews) but no "new" routable
space created that was previously unroutable.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:02 AM, Zartash Uzmi <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have a working implementation of ORTC and can make it available if
> needed. The implementation has been tested for routing correctness, on a
> large number of routeviews tables.
>
> Zartash
>
>

---

From: Lixia Zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:04:03 -0800

> (I got the acronym expansion wrong, it's "Optimal Routing Table  

thanks John for the pointer.
we'll take a look and do a comparison as you suggested.

Lixia