Subject: [GROW] Private IP in SP cores

From: Tony Kirkham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:11:45 +1000

Hi,

A little while back I got into a discussion during a network design 
session on the approach of using public private IP address space to 
number an SP core network. To cut a long story short, I could find no 
authoritative source on the subject. So I wrote the issue up as a white 
paper. A college suggested that I should submit it to this forum as a 
potential informational RFC.

I have attached the material but not yet produced it in XML format. If 
this forum believes that it is worth publishing, then I'll convert it to 
XML format.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.
Tony Kirkham

-- 

*Anthony Kirkham*
*Solution Architect

***World Wide Security
Service Practice
**
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
Phone: *+61 (0)7 3238 8203*
Mobile: *+61 (0)401 890 494*

CISSP, CCIE# - 1378

**

Level 12, 300 Adelaide Street
Brisbane, Qld, 4000
Australia
Cisco home page <http://www.cisco.com/global/AU/>

---

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:55:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tony Kirkham" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 25, 2010 11:11 AM
Subject: [GROW] Private IP in SP cores

> Comments and thoughts appreciated.

I tried to read the .pdf and got a 'file is damaged and cannot be repaired'.
Ok, so I have to use Word but really, both are a pain.  The IETF culture -
although disliked by a few - is plain ASCII and for me, that is so much easier
to download, store and work on.  I even cut and paste from esoteric formats into
ASCII if the content seems to warrant it.  So anything not in plain ASCII -
preferably without visible XML - does not get as much attention.  Am I alone in
this?  Probably not.  Does it matter?  To me, yes, enough to send this e-mail to
the mailing list.

A recent post to the RRG list complained about the lack of consideration for ISP
networks, to which my reposte would have been that you never tell us what they
are like so how can we consider them?  So, in principle, I think that documents
such as this are a good thing for the IETF but would like to see it in ASCII,
and in vendor-neutral language, before saying more.

Tom Petch