Subject: Re: [GROW] Private IP in SP cores

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 00:32:05 -0500

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 3:55 AM, tom.petch <[email-masked]> wrote:
> are like so how can we consider them?  So, in principle, I think that documents
> such as this are a good thing for the IETF but would like to see it in ASCII,
> and in vendor-neutral language, before saying more.

yes pls, post in ascii text.

---

From: Paul Francis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:12:41 +0100

Hi Gang,

I've been getting some feedback that I should simplify the VA drafts.  One 
way to do this would be to simply remove discussion of corner cases, some 
of the tunneling options, and so on.  However, I think it is important 
that all that is documented somewhere.

Another idea would be to isolate the simple edge-core variant of VA into a 
completely separate draft (Raszuk's variant).  That variant is simpler in 
every respect...configuration, operation, corner-cases, and so on.  Then 
there could be a separate draft for the full-blown variant.

Am wondering what folks think of this approach.

Thanks,

PF