Subject: [GROW] fwd: New Version Notification for draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00

From: Elisa Jasinska <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 02:14:55 +0200

Hello,

Nick Hilliard, Robert Raszuk and myself submitted a draft on Internet Exchange Route Servers. We are hoping to get a chance to discuss this at the next WG meeting in Maastricht. In the meantime, comments and discussions would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Elisa

URL: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00 

A new version of I-D, draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Elisa Jasinska and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Internet Exchange Route Server
Creation_date:	 2010-07-05
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 15

Abstract:
The growing popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings a
new set of requirements to interconnect participating networks.
While bilateral exterior BGP sessions between exchange participants
were previously the most common means of exchanging reachability
information, the overhead associated with dense interconnection has
caused substantial operational scaling problems for IXP participants.

This document outlines a specification for multilateral
interconnections at IXPs.  Multilateral interconnection describes a
method of exchanging routing information between three or more BGP
speakers using a single intermediate broker system, referred to as a
route server.  Route servers are typically used on shared access
media networks such as Internet Exchanges (IXPs), to facilitate
simplified interconnection between multiple Internet routers on such
a network.

The IETF Secretariat.