Subject: [GROW] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-01.txt

From: Elisa Jasinska <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 03:09:10 +0200

Hi,

draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-01 has been submitted. It includes
many fixes on comments we've received after the last meeting in
Maastricht. More input would be much appreciated.

Best regards
Elisa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-01.txt
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Internet Exchange Route Server
	Author(s)       : E. Jasinska, et al.
	Filename        : draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-10-25

The growing popularity of Internet exchange points (IXPs) brings a
new set of requirements to interconnect participating networks.
While bilateral exterior BGP sessions between exchange participants
were previously the most common means of exchanging reachability
information, the overhead associated with dense interconnection has
caused substantial operational scaling problems for Internet exchange
point participants.

This document outlines a specification for multilateral
interconnections at IXPs.  Multilateral interconnection is a method
of exchanging routing information between three or more BGP speakers
using a single intermediate broker system, referred to as a route
server.  Route servers are typically used on shared access media
networks such as Internet exchange points (IXPs), to facilitate
simplified interconnection between multiple Internet routers on such
a network.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jasinska-ix-bgp-route-server-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.