Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:33:57 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Distribution of diverse BGP paths.
	Author(s)       : Robert Raszuk
                          Rex Fernando
                          Keyur Patel
                          Danny McPherson
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-08.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-07-31

Abstract:
   The BGP4 protocol specifies the selection and propagation of a single
   best path for each prefix.  As defined and widely deployed today BGP
   has no mechanisms to distribute alternate paths which are not
   considered best path between its speakers.  This behaviour results in
   number of disadvantages for new applications and services.

   The main objective of this document is to observe that by simply
   adding new session between route reflector and it's client Nth best
   path can be distributed.  Document also compares existing solutions
   and proposed ideas that enable distribution of more paths than just
   the best path.

   This proposal does not specify any changes to the BGP protocol
   definition.  It does not require software upgrade of provider edge
   routers acting as route reflector clients.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-diverse-bgp-path-dist-08

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/