Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-simple-va-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 15:59:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Simple Virtual Aggregation (S-VA)
	Author(s)       : Robert Raszuk
                          Jakob Heitz
                          Alton Lo
                          Lixia Zhang
                          Xiaohu Xu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-simple-va-11.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-07-31

Abstract:
   All BGP routers in the Default Free Zone (DFZ) are required to carry
   all the routes in the Default Free Routing Table (DFRT).  A technique
   is described that allows some BGP routers not to install all of those
   routes into the Forwarding Information Base (FIB).

   Some routers in an Autonomous System (AS) announce an aggregate (the
   VA prefix) in addition to the routes they already announce.  This
   enables other routers not to install the routes covered by the VA
   prefix into the FIB as long as those routes have the same next-hop as
   the VA prefix.

   The VA prefixes that are announced within an AS are not announced to
   any other AS.  In contrast to VA, S-VA reduces operational complexity
   by proposing local to given BGP speaker solution without any
   dependency on network wide configuration or requires presence of any
   form of intra-domain tunneling.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-simple-va

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-simple-va-11

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-simple-va-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/