Subject: [GROW] Call for Adoption: draft-white-grow-overlapping-routes

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:13:08 -0400

As per the meeting moments ago, could we discuss adopting this draft:
  <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-white-grow-overlapping-routes-00>

as a GROW working group item? Let's call the call on my birthday:
08/14/2012 or August 14, 2012.

thanks!
-chris
(co-chair)

---

From: Tony Tauber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:31:14 -0400

Quick question.  To my understanding "overlapping routes" seem to be what
most people call more-specific routes (aka. "more-specifics").

In my experience things which are described as overlapping mean that some
part of one thing is _partially_ covered by some part of some other thing.
I don't see how what's commonly known as a "covering" route in the draft
and in current usage is _partially_ covering what's underneath.

Am I missing something?  If so, why introduce some new terminology?

Tony

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM, Christopher Morrow <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>