Subject: Re: [GROW] Requesting Grow's review of draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:43:05 -0500

(Reposting with time of 2 weeks) 

Peter and Chris: 

We request that the GROW WG review
draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt?
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation/)

Since it modifies RFC 1930, a BCP, it is likely to be a BCP.  The draft
deals with the creation of Private USE ASN space in 4 byte octets. 

Two additional questions we'd love input on:  

1.     Do they think the range is too big, too small, or just right"  (We'll
call this the 3 bears question (smile))

2.     Would they prefer to see the range reserved with some portion of the
range allocated? 

For example, reserve all the space but allocate only 50% of the space. 

This draft has had substantial IDR debate which is (of course) online, and
has been through IDR WG LC. 

We'd appreciate hearing about any operational issues GROW finds with this
draft by 1/4/2013.  (2 weeks) 

Thank you, 

John and Sue