Subject: [GROW] Note about current IDR WGLC: draft-ietf-idr-enhanced-refresh-impl

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 10:55:39 -0500

Grow folks,
IDR is running a WGLC for a document which some folk here might also
find interesting/relevant:
  <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-enhanced-refresh-impl/>

Please have a read and toss comments/questions/tomatoes/flowers at the
IDR list as appropriate.

The abstract for this doc is:
Abstract

   This document provides an implementation report for Enhanced Route
   refresh as defined in draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh.  The
   editor did not verify the accuracy of the information provided by
   respondents or by any alternative means.  The respondents are experts
   with the implementations they reported on, and their responses are
   considered authoritative for the implementations for which their
   responses represent.

thanks!

-chris

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 11:34:24 -0500

oops, and the IDR folk also reminded me that:

this is the doc that describes the actual change, not the survey of
how well it did/didn't work out :) and is what is ACTUALLY in WGLC...

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh/

              Enhanced Route Refresh Capability for BGP-4
            draft-ietf-idr-bgp-enhanced-route-refresh-05.txt

Abstract

   In this document we enhance the existing BGP route refresh mechanisms
   to provide for the demarcation of the beginning and the ending of a
   route refresh.  The enhancement can be used to facilitate correction
   of BGP RIB inconsistencies in a non-disruptive manner.