Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 05:15:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Making BGP filtering a habit: Impact on policies
        Authors         : Camilo Cardona
                          Pierre Francois
                          Paolo Lucente
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2014-08-04

Abstract:
   This document describes how unexpected traffic flows can emerge
   across an autonomous system, as the result of other autonomous
   systems filtering, or restricting the propagation of overlapping
   prefixes.  We provide a review of the techniques to detect the
   occurrence of this issue and defend against it.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Camilo Cardona <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2014 14:21:51 +0200

Hello everyone,

We modified draft-ietf-fow-filtering-threats-02 based on the comments from
Wes, Jon and Bruno. Here is a summary of the changes.

-	Reformatted the structure of the introductory sections based on Wes
suggestions. We explain now the motivation for filtering and immediately
after why they could create unexpected flow in external ASes.
-	As there is no documentation range for IPv4 shorter than /24, we decided
to go for the ipv6 range. We also changed the ASN to those assigned for
documentation purposes.
-	Added a security consideration section.
-	Sections 3.1. and 5.2.2 were removed, as they were not providing
considerable information and were making the document dense.
-	Added more details in how a company could detect and deal with
unexpected traffic flows. We mention some protocols and tools. We
highlight, however, that there are no publicly tools available to perform
the techniques automatically.
-	Removed ³victim² (and other potentially strong adjectives) from the draft
-	Added a glossary section.

Thanks again for the comments. Please let us know if you have any more
recommendations that would help us improve this document.

Regards,
Camilo Cardona

On 04/08/14 14:15, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>GROW mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow