Subject: Re: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bgp-reject-00.txt

From: Matthew Ringel <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 16:52:35 -0500

The solution for BGP-sans-policy rejection shouldn't fail silently.

It would be useful to add a requirement indicating that the software must
clearly show that the reason for the session being down is due to the lack
of policy, and one of the places it should show that indicator is in
whatever command is used for a summary of all configured BGP sessions.

Cheers
=Matt

> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories.
> This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations Working Group
> of the IETF. Title : By default reject propagation when no policy is
> associated with a BGP peering session.
> Authors : Jared Mauch
> Job Snijders
> Filename : draft-ietf-grow-bgp-reject-00.txt
> Pages : 4
> Date : 2015-12-28 Abstract:
> This document defines the default behaviour of a BGP speaker when no
> explicit policy is associated with a BGP peering session. The IETF
> datatracker status page for this draft is:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-reject/ There's also
> a htmlized version available at:
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-reject-00

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 16:57:43 +0000

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 4:52 PM Matthew Ringel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> of policy,

Oh, hey, yeah. This seems like an obvious addition....

> and one of the places it should show that indicator is in whatever command
> is used for a summary of all configured BGP sessions.
>
>
This part I'm less sure about. Perhaps we can recommend that ( or "for
example, a good place topshow this may be...") this be shown where a
summary of BGP sessions is shown, but it always feels weird to me for the
IETF to specify user interface stuff...
W

>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bgp-reject/ There's
>> also a htmlized version available at:
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
>

---

From: Matthew Ringel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:14:58 -0500

On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Warren Kumari <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> [...]
> example, a good place to show this may be...") this be shown where a
 That's fair.   Giving an example would make more sense in this regard.

=Matt