Subject: [GROW] RFC 7789 on Impact of BGP Filtering on Inter-Domain Routing Policies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 17:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7789

        Title:      Impact of BGP Filtering on 
                    Inter-Domain Routing Policies 
        Author:     C. Cardona, P. Francois,
                    P. Lucente
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 38047
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-filtering-threats-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7789

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7789

This document describes how unexpected traffic flows can emerge
across an autonomous system as the result of other autonomous systems
filtering or restricting the propagation of more-specific prefixes.
We provide a review of the techniques to detect the occurrence of
this issue and defend against it.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC