Subject: [GROW] RFC 7999 on BLACKHOLE Community

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:17:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7999

        Title:      BLACKHOLE Community 
        Author:     T. King, C. Dietzel,
                    J. Snijders, G. Doering,
                    G. Hankins
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16794
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-grow-blackholing-03.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7999

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7999

This document describes the use of a well-known Border Gateway
Protocol (BGP) community for destination-based blackholing in IP
networks.  This well-known advisory transitive BGP community named
"BLACKHOLE" allows an origin Autonomous System (AS) to specify that a
neighboring network should discard any traffic destined towards the
tagged IP prefix.

This document is a product of the Global Routing Operations Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC