Subject: [GROW] draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 18:08:08 +0100

Dear GROW,

Many have asked for guidance and examples on how to use Large BGP
Communities. Warren Kumari assigned the action item to me. ;-)

Martijn and myself have worked to provide a -00 document which contains
sufficient advanced examples to provide inspiration and ideas to
operators on how to develop their routing policies.

draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00 is still rough on the
edges, but does provide a hint on how the document could shape up.

What should be part of the document:

    - Document existing operational practises modeled in new ways in a
      world where Large BGP Communities exist.
    - Provide a few commonly offered traffic engineering features which
      are easy to recognise by operators.
    - Shape expectations on realistic propagation behaviourism in
      context of providers scrubbing large bgp communities.
 
At the moment we consider the following out of scope for this document:

    - anything that depends on regular expressions. Usage of this tool
      is left as an exercise to the reader.
    - Define/redefine Well-known (normal/large) communities. The
      RFC1997-style well-knowns at this moment will have to suffice.
    - Redefining the opaque nature of Large BGP Communities.
    - Attempts at global product management through this IETF process.
   
Finally, we might be able to provide a set of configuration examples to
help further people's the understanding of the Large BGP Communities
tool.

Kind regards,

Job

----- Forwarded message from [email-masked] -----

Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 05:55:48 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>, Martijn Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Job Snijders and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage
Revision:	00
Title:		Usage of Large BGP Communities
Document date:	2016-10-30
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snijders-grow-large-communities-usage-00

Abstract:
   Examples and inspiration for operators on how to use Large BGP
   Communities.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

----- End forwarded message -----