Subject: [GROW] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7854 (4830)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 08:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7854, "BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7854&eid=4830

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Suhas Anand <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2016-10-12
Held by: Joel Jaeggli (IESG)

Section: 4.9

Original Text
-------------
Peer Down Notification

   This message is used to indicate that a peering session was
   terminated.

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |    Reason     |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |            Data (present if Reason = 1, 2 or 3)               |
     ~                                                               ~
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Corrected Text
--------------
Peer Down Notification

   This message is used to indicate that a peering session was
   terminated. Following the common BMP header and per-peer header is 
   the following:

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |    Reason     |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |            Data (present if Reason = 1, 2 or 3)               |
     ~                                                               ~
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Notes
-----
What: 

For Peer Down Notification: To the programmer implementing the RFC, it is not clear if the Peer Down message consists of per peer header

--------------------------------------
RFC7854 (draft-ietf-grow-bmp-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : BGP Monitoring Protocol (BMP)
Publication Date    : June 2016
Author(s)           : J. Scudder, Ed., R. Fernando, S. Stuart
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Global Routing Operations
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG