Subject: [GROW] Request for early allocation of code points for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-(local-rib|adj-rib-out)

From: Jeffrey Haas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 16:02:47 -0400

[Please note that this message covers prior discussion among the BMP
loc-rib/adj-rib-out authors and the grow chairs and ADs.  This is mostly to
make sure we are open in our process.]

There are currently multiple implementations of the BMP adj-rib-out and
loc-rib Internet-Drafts in progress.

As noted in draft-scudder-grow-bmp-registries-change, the registries for BMP
parameters at IANA are a bit restrictive.  That draft is working to address
the long-term issues. 

This e-mail is to note a formal request for RFC 7120 early allocation of the
code points for these documents so that interoperable implementations can be
shipped.

-- Jeff

---

From: "Tim Evens (tievens)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 22:45:51 +0000

Sorry for the dumb question, but should I now submit a formal general request to https://www.iana.org/form/protocol-assignment for first come first serve allocations?   If so, I can submit that right away.  I'll work with Cisco XE folks to correct their hijacked usage of this range.

Thanks,
Tim

On 10/4/18, 1:03 PM, "GROW on behalf of Jeffrey Haas" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    

    -- Jeff
    
    _______________________________________________
    GROW mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 11:20:11 +0900

Dear Tim,

Can you provide us with an exhaustive list of code points that been
“hijacked” by the IOS XE implementers? Some cleanup may be in order on the
registry side.

Kind regards,

Job

On Fri, 5 Oct 2018 at 07:46, Tim Evens (tievens) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Sorry for the dumb question, but should I now submit a formal general
> request to https://www.iana.org/form/protocol-assignment for first come
> first serve allocations?   If so, I can submit that right away.  I'll work
> with Cisco XE folks to correct their hijacked usage of this range.
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>
> On 10/4/18, 1:03 PM, "GROW on behalf of Jeffrey Haas" <
> [email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:
>