Subject: [GROW] draft-ietf-grow-wkc-behavior

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 23:07:11 -0700

at the request of the iesg,

OLD

   Vendors SHOULD clearly document the behavior of "set" directive in
   their implementations.

NEW

   Vendors MUST clearly document the behavior of "set" directive in
   their implementations.

in addition, martin vigoureux felt we had a confusing paragraph so the
authors are considering one more hack.  how do the wg and ad feel if we
change a paragraph section 6 as follows:

OLD

   Vendors MUST ensure that their implementations' "set" directive
   treatment of any specific community does not change if/when that
   community becomes a new Well-Known Community through future
   standardization.  For most implementations, this means that the "set"
   directive MUST continue to remove the community; for those
   implementations where the "set" directive removes no communities,
   that behavior MUST continue.

NEW

    Should a community become Well-Known, through standards or other
    process, the semantics of a "set" (or other) directive MUST NOT
    change, in order not to disturb already deployed configurations.

randy