Subject: [GROW] Barry Leiba's No Objection on charter-ietf-grow-03-00: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 08:19:19 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-grow-03-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-grow/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Two editorial things:

   GROW will also advise various working groups, mainly IDR and SIDROPS,
   with respect to whether it is addressing the relevant operational and
   routing security requirements of Internet-connected networks, and where
   appropriate, suggest course corrections.

The antecedent to "it" appears to be "GROW", but I think it's supposed to refer
to those various working groups.  Maybe "it" should be "they"?  (Also,
super-nit, there should be an additional comma before "where appropriate".)

And there appears to be some bad punctuation problems in the "goals" paragraph
-- missing periods, at least.

---

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:32:56 -0500

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-grow/

Gaaaaah! Rob and I ran into this with the IOTOPS charter -- see for
example https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-iotops/00-05/
through https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-iotops/00-14/
(inclusive!), and my comments in the histroy:
"Excuse all of the revisions. For some reason DT is breaking the
hyphens in the list. This is happening even when uploading a
(confirmed to be clean) .txt file..."

I'll go edit the text, and also see abut filing a bug.

>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

-- 
The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the
complexities of his own making.
  -- E. W. Dijkstra