Subject: [GROW] Magnus Westerlund's Block on charter-ietf-grow-03-01: (with BLOCK and COMMENT)

From: Magnus Westerlund via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 03:03:25 -0800

Magnus Westerlund has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-grow-03-01: Block

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-grow/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
BLOCK:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, but what the hell does it mean to "Provide stewardship and maintenance"?

noun: stewardship; plural noun: stewardships

    the job of supervising or taking care of something, such as an organization
    or property. "the funding and stewardship of the NHS"

So what is scoped in that role, only updates to fix found issues? Or does it
allow also to do extension to the named protocols? Does stewerdship imply a
control over other WGs if they attempt to do something with the intended
protocols? I expect not the latest, but if one interpret the supervising part
that could be implied.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please provide some reference to the named protocols.

Also, are the listed items really goals?