Subject: [GROW] Fwd: NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Nominations

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 14:29:48 -0400

Dear all,

You've probably already seen this multiple times by now, but it's
sufficiently important that I figured I'd send it again.

There are many open positions that the NomCom needs to fill:
        ART AD: 1 position
        INT AD: 1 position
        OPS AD: 1 position
        RTG AD: 1 position
        SEC AD: 1 position
        TSV AD: 1 position
        IETF Trust: 1 position
        IETF LLC: 1 position
        IAB: 6 positions

Please consider running for one or more of these positions.

Note: I personally think that Rob is doing a great job as the Management
side of Ops & Management (even if he does insist on calling it Management &
Ops :-)), but, obviously, feel free to run for this position as well..

In addition, I haven't decided if I'm likely to run again at the end of my
term (March 2023) -- I love y'all dearly, but you sure are a lot of
work(!), and some turnover/competition is good. Please let me know if you'd
like to chat about what all the OpsAD role requires, if you have
any questions, etc.

W

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: NomCom Chair 2021 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 10:04 AM
Subject: NomCom 2021-2022 Call for Nominations
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>

Finally! The moment we've all been waiting for:

   C A L L       F O R       N O M I N A T I O N S  ! ! !

The 2021-22 IETF Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations
from now until Monday, October 11, 2021.

The open positions and more information are found at the NomCom web site:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/

They are also included below for convenience.

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of the
NomCom 2021 home page, or by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/nominate/

Self-nomination is welcome!

Note:  Nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org datatracker
account. You can create a datatracker ietf.org account if you don't have
one
already by visiting the following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

If you are unable to use the web form, nominations may instead be made by
email
to nomcom-2021 at ietf dot org. If using email, please include the word
"Nominate"
in the Subject and indicate in the email who is being nominated, their
email
address (to confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for
which you
are making the nomination. If you are nominating someone other than
yourself,
please tell us if we may tell the nominee that you were the one who made
the
nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via email for more than one
position, please use separate emails to do so.

Willing nominees will be asked to fill out a questionnaire specific to the
position
for which they are nominated. The finalized questionnaires will be
available no
later than Monday, September 6, 2021 (preliminary versions are already
posted)
and have a submission deadline of Monday, October 18, 2021.

NomCom 2021-22 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in BCP 10/RFC 8713: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the current
NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing nominees for each position will
be
listed in a publicly accessible way, e.g., anyone with a datatracker
account may
access the lists. Additionally, the nomination form asks if we may share
your own
name with the nominee. In all other ways, the confidentiality requirements
of BCP
10 remain in effect. All feedback and all NomCom deliberations will remain
confidential and will not be disclosed.

There is a field on the form you can mark in order to allow the NomCom to
tell
the nominee that you were the one who made the nomination. This defaults to
“no” - so if you don't mark the field we won’t tell.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about each
of
the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the NomCom on or
before
Monday, October 11, 2021.

Please submit your nominations as early as possible for the sake of your
nominees. Note that nominations should not wait for nominee management
permission, as it is easier to decline the nomination than put one in late.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill open slots on the IAB, IESG, the
IETF
Trust and the LLC Board:

        ART AD: 1 position
        INT AD: 1 position
        OPS AD: 1 position
        RTG AD: 1 position
        SEC AD: 1 position
        TSV AD: 1 position
        IETF Trust: 1 position
        IETF LLC: 1 position
        IAB: 6 positions

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the
March 2022 IETF meeting, and thus the positions for which this NomCom is
responsible, is:

[An asterisk (*) next to a person's name indicates they do not intend to
accept
renomination.]

        LLC Board (3-year term)
                Jason Livingood

        IETF Trust (3-year term)
                Kathleen Moriarty

        IAB (2-year term)
                Ben Campbell *
                Cullen Jennings
                Mirja Kühlewind
                Jared Mauch
                Tommy Pauly
                Jiankang Yao

        IESG (2-year term)
                Murray Kucherawy, ART AD
                Erik Kline, INT AD
                Robert Wilton, OPS AD
                Martin Vigoureux, RTG AD
                Benjamin Kaduk, SEC AD *
                Martin Duke, TSV AD

Please be resourceful in identifying possible candidates for these
positions, as
developing our talent is a very crucial requirement for the IETF, and also,
please
consider accepting a nomination. You'll find extensive information about
specific
positions, in individual tabs at:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/nomcom/2021/requirements/

In addition to nominations, the NomCom seeks community input on the
positions
themselves. We need and welcome the community's views and input on the jobs
within each organization. If you have ideas on the positions’
responsibilities
(more, less, different), please let us know.

Please send suggestions and feedback about this to nomcom-2021 at ietf dot
org.

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees!

Thanks,

Gabriel Montenegro
IETF NomCom Chair 2021-22
nomcom-chair-2021 at ietf dot org

-- 
The computing scientist’s main challenge is not to get confused by the
complexities of his own making.
  -- E. W. Dijkstra