Subject: [GROW] I-D Action: draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2022 15:34:50 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Global Routing Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TLV support for BMP Route Monitoring and Peer Down Messages
        Authors         : Paolo Lucente
                          Yunan Gu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-07.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2022-03-07

Abstract:
   Most of the message types defined by the BGP Monitoring Protocol
   (BMP) make provision for optional trailing data.  However, Route
   Monitoring messages (which provide a snapshot of the monitored
   Routing Information Base) and Peer Down messages (which indicate that
   a peering session was terminated) do not.  Supporting optional data
   in TLV format across all BMP message types allows for a homogeneous
   and extensible surface that would be useful for the most different
   use-cases that need to convey additional data to a BMP station.
   While it is not intended for this document to cover any specific
   utilization scenario, it defines a simple way to support optional TLV
   data in all message types.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv/

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Paolo Lucente <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:43:37 +0100

Dear Chairs,

I have processed all outstanding feedback for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv, 
once again big thanks to Jeff Haas and Ben Maddison for their valuable 
new input, plus indeed all reviewers.

May i ask <= 5 mins of time to summarize the changes to the document? It 
would be great segway into the draft-lucente-grow-bmp-tlv-ebit document.

Paolo

On 8/3/22 00:34, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

---

From: Job Snijders <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 09:48:06 +0100

On Tue, Mar 08, 2022 at 12:43:37AM +0100, Paolo Lucente wrote:
> I have processed all outstanding feedback for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv, once
> again big thanks to Jeff Haas and Ben Maddison for their valuable new input,
> plus indeed all reviewers.
> 

Noted!

Kind regards,

Job