Subject: Re: [GROW] On LC for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv (ends December 1st 2021)

From: Paolo Lucente <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:37:10 +0100

Hi Zongpeng Du,

Well spotted, thanks very much! I have processed your feedback into the 
-07 version of the document.

Paolo

On 7/12/21 08:34, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi, all
> 
> I have read the draft and I think it is ready for the IESG review.
> 
> It is helpful to inform additional information.
> 
>      A confusion in the abstract:  should it be "a" homogeneous and
>     extensible surface
> 
> Best Regards
> Zongpeng Du
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: GROW [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Job Snijders
> Sent: Thursday, December 2, 2021 11:11 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [GROW] On LC for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv (ends December 1st 2021)
> 
> Hi Folks,
> 
> Please take 15 minutes out of your day to review this *really short!* internet-draft. The authors were kind enough to make it only 3 pages of actual content :-)
> 
> We'll extend this WGLC with another week (December 9th, 2021)
> 
> Kind regards,
> 
> Job
> 
> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 05:33:39PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Dear GROW WG, dear authors
>>
>> I have reviewed the draft. I think it is straight forward and ready for IESG.
>>
>> It is the next logical step to make the different BMP message types to be equal by supporting TLV's for BMP route-monitoring and peer_down messages as well.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> Thomas
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: GROW <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Job Snijders
>> Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2021 5:16 PM
>> To: Paolo Lucente <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked] [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
>> Subject: Re: [GROW] On LC for draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv (ends December
>> 1st 2021)
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> This starts the formal WGLC period which will run from November 16th until December 1st 2021.
>>
>> Please review
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdata
>> tracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-06&amp;data=04
>> %7C01%7CThomas.Graf%40swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%
>> 7C364e5b87c1c7420d9beec35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762697241609%7CUnkn
>> own%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwi
>> LCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=JROJtoThUbY9PaWO19f6UGiudA9dli83mNdkjl
>> hrhaE%3D&amp;reserved=0 and provide comments or feedback on the
>> [email-masked] mailing list!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Job
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 05:11:56PM +0100, Paolo Lucente wrote:
>> > Dear Colleagues, Dear Chairs,
>> >
>> > A brief email to follow-up the presentation of
>> > draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv last week at the WG meeting. We authors
>> > believe there are no more items to work on for this draft, received
>> > inputs were processed and any questions / concerns were addressed. I'd hence like to ask to LC this work.
>> >
>> > You may read motivation for this work in the draft itself, let me
>> > supplement it saying that this is a key piece of work that would
>> > make extensible every BMP message defined so far; this, in turn,
>> > would bring BMP on par with other modern monitoring (/ telemetry) protocols (/ stacks / solutions).
>> >
>> > Paolo
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > GROW mailing list
>> > [email-masked]
>> > https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
>> > ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgrow&amp;data=04%7C01%7CThomas.Graf%
>> > 40
>> > swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%7C364e5b87c1c7420d9b
>> > ee
>> > c35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762697241609%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8ey
>> > JW
>> > IjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C300
>> > 0&
>> > amp;sdata=HFqIEZe4rv2aBdlxEzo9%2BRBriEkOaBbhPi70WCeIZ2U%3D&amp;reser
>> > ve
>> > d=0
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GROW mailing list
>> [email-masked]
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.
>> ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgrow&amp;data=04%7C01%7CThomas.Graf%40
>> swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%7C364e5b87c1c7420d9bee
>> c35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762697251563%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJW
>> IjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&
>> amp;sdata=uemMUSyGVXFUQb1%2BKPZRyvrw%2BJp9fpjLJXjxpQyNPd4%3D&amp;reser
>> ved=0
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> GROW mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/grow

---

From: Paolo Lucente <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2022 00:37:54 +0100

Wrt versioning, I do expect the Monitoring Protocol to feature maximum 
one single power-of-two level more popularity than the Monitored Protocol.

Paolo

On 6/12/21 16:13, Jared Mauch wrote:
> 	Similar, I have read this and it seems straightforward.
> 
> 	My only question  is around the BMP versioning, do we expect
> that to extend past 255 at some point?
> 
> 	- Jared
> 
> On Mon, Dec 06, 2021 at 06:53:40AM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
>> Hallo GROW WG
>>
>> I've read the draft.
>> TLV on BMP monitoring- and peerdown-messages complete BMP and make it uniform.
>> I am looking very forward to collect ADD-PATH on our collectors as a standard
>> to bring more visability (a.e. backup-path) to our BGP monitoring.
>> I think the draft is ready to forward to IESG.
>>
>> Have a good week
>> Matthias
>>
>>
>> Sent: Dienstag, 16. November 2021 17:16
>> Please review https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fhtml%2Fdraft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv-06&amp;data=04%7C01%7CMatthias.Arnold%40swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%7C364e5b87c1c7420d9beec35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762696880424%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=1FAQOy3X%2FtjxztaFoNEwcOT4bZGliXRcnTHZbFPc%2FRQ%3D&amp;reserved=0
>> and provide comments or feedback on the [email-masked] mailing list!
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Job
>>
>>> Dear Colleagues, Dear Chairs,
>>>
>>> A brief email to follow-up the presentation of draft-ietf-grow-bmp-tlv
>>> last week at the WG meeting. We authors believe there are no more
>>> items to work on for this draft, received inputs were processed and
>>> any questions / concerns were addressed. I'd hence like to ask to LC this work.
>>>
>>> You may read motivation for this work in the draft itself, let me
>>> supplement it saying that this is a key piece of work that would make
>>> extensible every BMP message defined so far; this, in turn, would
>>> bring BMP on par with other modern monitoring (/ telemetry) protocols (/ stacks / solutions).
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>>
>>> ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgrow&amp;data=04%7C01%7CMatthias.Arnol
>>> d%40swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%7C364e5b87c1c7420d
>>> 9beec35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762696880424%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8
>>> eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3
>>> 000&amp;sdata=kVCMQOI9D41eBKF4%2FdYiZHyuEG%2Bdm3eM7ls5yLzCSzU%3D&amp;r
>>> eserved=0
>>
>> https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Fgrow&amp;data=04%7C01%7CMatthias.Arnold%40swisscom.com%7C67562bce3536413b2e1008d9a91ca0db%7C364e5b87c1c7420d9beec35d19b557a1%7C0%7C0%7C637726762696880424%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=kVCMQOI9D41eBKF4%2FdYiZHyuEG%2Bdm3eM7ls5yLzCSzU%3D&amp;reserved=0
>>