Subject: GSMP Connection Management

From: Constantin Adam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 12:17:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have the following questions/suggestions about the GSMP connection
management messages:

1. GSMP has a Create Virtual Path message (message 26). However, I
   could not find a way to remove a Virtual Path. What is the
   procedure to follow to remove a Virtual Path?

2. Many switches support up to a maximum number of multicast
   connections. Is there any way to find out, using GSMP, what is the
   maximum number of multicast connections the switch can support? I
   think this is a useful feature. Also, some switches allow to choose
   the number of multicast connections that can be setup on the
   switch.

3. Finally, some ATM switches (for example from Fore Systems) allow to
   setup a VP origination and a VP termination. I think GSMP should
   provide a similar capability.

Best Regards,

Constantin