Subject: CFP Openarch short papers session

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:24:28 -0000

Call for Short Papers
------------------------------  
The Third IEEE Conference on Open Architectures and Network Programming
(OpenArch2000) invites submissions for a short paper session to be held
during the conference. Advances in open signaling and control, active
networks,
mobility management, transportable software, Web-based services access, and
distributed systems technologies are proving to be extremely demanding for
traditional constrained architectures and management systems.  Papers are
sought which describe work in progress on radical new approaches to
architecture and control and management systems, that could alleviate some
of the difficulties.
 
Areas of interest include those specified in the original call for papers
(http://comet.ctr.columbia.edu/activities/openarch2000/cfp2000.html)
together with : 
active management
control of fractal and infinite state spaces
evolving networks
autonomous adaptation
self-regulating networks
adaptive network hardware
complexity science and networking
systems approaches to network design
emergent properties of networks
	 
and other relevant topics of an equally speculative nature.
 
Authors should submit a 4 page paper focusing on the problem addressed and
the nature of the proposed solution, together with some initial results.  It
is not expected that results will be conclusive or that feasibility of the
proposed approach will be proven.

Short paper submissions should be sent to Ian Marshall, BT Labs, UK:
e-mail : [email-masked]
preferably in PDF.

We anticipate that each short paper presentation at the conference will
be allocated 10 minutes plus question and discussion time, and that papers
will be published in an informal proceedings available at the conference.

Deadlines : short papers submission - 7 January 2000
                 TPC notification to authors - 28 January 2000
                 final version of papers due - 18 February 2000

............................................................................
.