Subject: Mail 3 about CPlane GSMP modifications

From: Balaji Srinivasan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 11:58:03 -0800 (PST)

Hi Everyone,
        As was requested at the WG meeting in Washington, I am sending
out individual mails for each of our proposals that we made to enhance
GSMP. This mail deals with miscellanious issues raised at the meeting.
The original draft can be obtained at 
http://www.cplane.com/docs/draft-sydir-cplane-gsmp-enhancements-00.txt

1) We can make the changes to the sections that deal with traps as per
the discussions at the WG meeting. These were:
	a) Traps will be acknowledged.
	b) Traps will be sent even if the controller did not send a 
	   "Reset Event Flags" message. 
	c) There will be a separate message that the controller 
	   can issue asking the switch not to send particular
	   traps to it. This message will be per partition per adjacency.
Is this a fair summary of the discussion at the WG?

2) Section 4 of the draft (Statistics messages) need more work to
support Multipoint to multipoint messages. This will be covered in a
later email.

3) What is the status of the acceptance of section 5 (ie. changes to
the delete all message) and section 6 (changes to the port event
messages)?

4) What is the status of the acceptance of section 3. (changes to the
port configuration messages)?

thanks
balaji

Balaji Srinivasan
[email-masked]
Control Plane Technologies