Subject: Charter Update

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:51:57 +0100

Hi,

Just wanted to let folks know that the charter discussons with the IESG
are ongoing and iterating.

My view of the status so far:

Support of the work currently included under the title support of
optical switching (or GMPLS) is being approved.  For this we have
fairly tight schedules.  One thing we need to do it figure out exactly 
what the requirements for support are.  I recommend that folks think 
about this and submit I-Ds on this topic.  

Allowing the WG to do the partitioning work is being considered.  
It is my opinion that we should continue on this work in the group 
at least until the decision is made.  The first work item would be a 
requirements document. Certainly some of the issues have come up on 
the list lately.  These should be worked through in detail.

Several issues, like inclusion of IP forwarding in the charter are on
hold until after the next IETF where they will discussed further.

As I learn more about the progress of the charter I will let the group
know.

a.
-- 

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024