Subject: Recharter Approved

From: "Avri Doria" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:53:45 -0500

Hi,

I was just informed By Allison Mankin, the AD responsible for GSMP,
that our recharter was approved.  It should be posted on the Web
by sometime next week.

As a reminder, our milestones are the following:

- Submit GSMPv3 extensions to include control of switches supporting
  optical, TDM and other CCAMP features and any updates of the base 
  spec for Proposed Standard (Aug 2001)

- Document requirements for switch partitioning and determine whether
  to recharter to extend GSMP capabilities to meet these (Sep 2001)

- If requirements process has convinced ADs/IESG, produce 
  GSMP extensions, MIBs, and PIBs to support dynamic switch 
  partitioning (Dec 2001)

- Submit GSMPv3, its extensions, MIBs and PIBs for Draft Standard
  (June 2002)

- Conclude Working Group (June 2002)

------

The most urgent milestone involves the work to support the optical,
TDM and other CCAMP features.  Second is the work to identify
requirements for switch partitioning.

I am hoping that there are a fair number of contributions in the 
I-D queue for us to review in Minneapolis.

Please let me know of any agenda items you all want to the agenda.

Thanks
a.
-- 

Avri Doria
+1 401 663 5024