Subject: GSMP and SLB

From: James Tyson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:45:50 +1200 (NZST)

Hi All.

I just found the GSMP WG while checking to see if there was anything
being stardardised to control so called "Layer 4" switches.

I am a developer for the caudium webserver (http://www.caudium.net/) and
am working on a module that automatically registers the server with a
linuxvirtualserver loadbalancer. I would like to extend this functionality
to include other commonly used load-balancers, including switches from
Foundry Networks and Alteon Web Systems.

So basically what I wanted to ask was whether there is any provision being
placed into GSMP for controlling layer 4 switching, or if I am looking in
the wrong place.

Cheers.

James Tyson.
Self-Deluded Governing Minority, Attica Network Operations.

---

From: ad <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 18:40:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Essentially GSMP is being directed at L2, and maybe L3, label swetches.
I know of no efforts to extend it to L4.

a.