Subject: Re:

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:08:48 +0530

Hi,

 I have some doubt about

 1.   In TCP/IP encapsulation the statement "The actual message flow will occur
on other ports"

      is confusing ...

     my question is      The port 6068 is used only for adjacency messages or it
is used for GSMP messages also ? If this port is
                                        not used for GSMP messages then what
port it will use and how it is negotiated ?

Regards ,
Arvind K gupta

---

From: "Georg Kullgren" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 16:09:35 +0200

Hi Arvind,

All GSMP messages will be sent on port 6068.
I do not know the reason for adding that last sentence (Added in draft -03).

Tom?
Can you explain what this sentence means?

From draft-ietf-gsmp-encaps--04.txt:

  The switch under control MUST be a multi-connection 
  server (PORT 6068) to allow creation of multiple control sessions 
  from N GSMP controller instances. Adjacency protocol messages, 
  which are used to synchronise the controller and switch and 
  maintain handshakes, are sent by the controller to the switch 
  after the TCP connection is established. GSMP messages other than 
  adjacency protocol messages MUST NOT be sent until after the 
>>adjacency protocol has achieved synchronisation. The actual GSMP <<
>>message flow will occur on other ports.                          <<

Regards
/Georg

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Georg Kullgren            Nortel Networks AB    [email-masked]
System Architect          S:t Eriksgatan 115 A  Tel:   +46-8-50 88 36 18
Routing Architecture Lab  SE-113 85 Stockholm   Mobile: +46-703-14 36 18
                          Sweden                Fax:   +46-8-50 88 35 01

---

From: "tom worster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:17:45 -0400

From: Georg Kullgren
> Can you explain what this sentence means?

no. i don't know why or how come this sentence is there.

c u
fsb

____________________________________________________________
new adventures thursdays 7pm to 8pm on wzbc 90.3fm in boston
http://zbconline.com/ for info, streams and program archives