Subject: GSMP implementation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 20:31:49 +0530

I have a query on GSMP implementation
         Wat does GSMPV3 draft suggests on GSMP switch implementation regardinf
storing the port numbers & associated port session number/event seq number  for
each port. I mean they have to be initialized at the beginning.. Does the GSMP
shall implement some database to store such info regarding each of the port or
it is loaded in the memory. Similarly there are some more data like QOS model
supported by switch. Whether it is in the scope of  GSMP switch to implemement
some database to initialize this info and set up some database.

I shall be really thankful to receive an early reply.

warmest regards
Sanjeev

---

From: "Torbjorn Hedqvist" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:52:53 +0200

hi,

As far as i know it's not within the scope of the gsmp draft to do any suggestion in how a switch or controller perform internal storage of such information.
I think this has to be implementation specific. 

regards,

/torbjorn 

-- 
Torbjörn Hedqvist
Routing Architecture Lab, Nortel Networks Sweden
phone: +46 8 5088-3532, mobile +46 70 666-7832
S:t Eriksgatan 115A, P.O. Box 6701, SE-113 85 Stockholm