Subject: [GSMP] Changes to draft-ietf-gsmp-encaps-04

From: ad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 12:43:32 -0500 (EST)

Based on discussions with Scott, our AD, and on discussions during the
meeting in Salt Lake, the following changes are being made to the draft.  
In order to speed up the process (yes, we are still trying to get these
documents to RFC status), it was suggested that the new wording be sent to
the list for review while the drafts were being updated.  If there are no
objections to these changes the drafts will be sent back to the IESG for
review.  These changes are being made in the hopes of satisfying the
security area's objections to the current text.

Please send any issue to the list before the end of 2001.

Thanks

a.

-----

4.2 TCP/IP Security consideration 

  When GSMPv3 is implemented for use in IP networks, provisions for 
  security between the controller and client MUST be available and 
  MUST be provided by IP Security [IPSEC]. In this case,the IPSEC 
  Encapsulation Security Payload (ESP)
  MUST be used to provide both integrity and confidentiality
 
5. The security of GSMP's TCP/IP control channel has been addressed
  in Section 4.2. For all uses of GSMP over an IP network it is 
  REQUIRED that GSMP be run over TCP/IP using the security 
  considerations discussed in Section 4.2. Security using ATM and 
  Ethernet encapsulations MAY be provided at the link layer.  
  Discussion of these methods is beyond the scope of this 
  specification. For secure operation over any media, the
  IP encapsulation with IPsec SHOULD be used.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp