Subject: [GSMP] Bi-directional Add Branch

From: "MaurizioArturo DeMichele" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 11:29:11 +0100

Hi all,

I have a question about the B (Bi-directional) flag: the current draft
specifies that an Add Branch message with the B flag set to 1 is equivalent
to two Add Branch messages, where the reverse direction must exchange the
values of Input Port and Input Label with the values of Output Port and
Output Label. There is (apparently) no way to specify  the Traffic
Parameters Block(s) for the reverse direction: does this mean that only
symmetric point-to-point connections can be controlled with a single Add
branch message? Is there any flag I am missing, which allows asymmetric
bi-directional connections?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Maurizio De Michele
Marconi - Broadband Systems - Product Engineering Italy

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp

---

From: Kenneth Sundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 13:40:04 +0100

Maurizio,
yes your interpretation is correct. the bi-directional flag is simply 
for convenience to establish a  bi-directional connection in a single 
gsmp message. after this establishment the two connections will be 
handled separately (e.g. can be moved or otherwise modified separately). 
in your case it would be preferable to setup the connection with two 
separate add-branches where you can define the traffic parameters for 
each individually. depending on switch design, the b-flag would probably 
cause the switch to perform two actions anyhow.

regards,
ken

---

From: sehla loussaief <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 15:48:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,
Can anybody help me with a URL from witch i can
download an imllementation of gsmp in order to control
remotely a MArconni ASX-200BX switch.
kind regards.

 --- Kenneth Sundell <[email-masked]> a
écrit : > 
> >Marconi - Broadband Systems - Product Engineering

___________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!? -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !
Yahoo! Mail : http://fr.mail.yahoo.com