Subject: [GSMP] Agenda for the GSMP session at the Atlanta meeting

From: Kenneth Sundell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:30:08 +0100

The gsmp wg agenda for 55th ietf in atlanta is attached.

Regards,
Ken

General Switch Management Protocol (gsmp)

Thursday, November 21 at 1300-1500
==================================

CHAIRS: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
        Kenneth Sundell <[email-masked]>

1. Agenda bashing

2. WG Status

3. WG Document updates

   Req. for the Dynamic Partitioning of Switching Elements (Avri Doria)
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-dyn-part-reqs-03.txt 
   (updated draft not available yet, -02 is)

   Req. For Adding Optical Support To GSMPv3 (Jonathan Sadler)
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-reqs-04.txt

   GSMPv3 Base Specification (Avri Doria)
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-00.txt

   GSMPv3 for Optical Support (Jun Kyun Choi)
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-optical-spec-00.txt

4. Update of individual drafts

   Network Management for GSMP Interface (YoungWook Cha) 
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-gsmp-management-01.txt

   Definitions of Managed Objects for Network Management 
   Services in GSMP Interface (YoungWook Cha)
   http://ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cha-gsmp-service-mib-00.txt

5. Report from ITU-T G.805 (Jonathan Sadler)

--

NOTE:    It is not the purpose of a WG session to have
         presentation of the content of a document. It
         is assumed that all attendees will have read the
         drafts in advance of the meeting.

         For documents that are work-in-progress, the
         presentation should cover issues resolved since
         the last draft followed by open issues and
         controversial topics with the intent to reach a
         resolution of said issues and topics.

         For new work items, the presentation should focus on
         what the problem is and why it is necessary for the
         work group to address it.  Further it should be either
         shown how it falls within the existing charter or why
         and how the charter should be extended to encompass it.
         The solution should only be sketched.

         The appropriate way of bringing new work to the working
         group is to send a draft to the mailing list and promoting
         discussion on the list. Slots on the agenda should be used
         to discuss outstanding topics that has not be solved on the
         mailing list. 

--