Subject: [GSMP] New tool

From: avri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:07:40 +0900

Hi,

As those of you reading the list know there has been a little bit of 
consternation about:

a. the speed with which we are doing the work
b. the lack of participation

It occurred to me that part of the problem had to be with the WG 
chairs.  They, or rather we, were not doing enough to help the work 
move along and were not doing enough to keep the issues alive and in 
front of the group.

As I was getting ready to spend some more time focusing on the Base 
spec, it struck me that perhaps it would be good to try and assist the 
group in maintaining its focus and in tracking issues

I went searching among other working groups looking for methods and 
tools they employ to keep things organized and flowing.  From attending 
the WG chairs course I knew that issue tracking was important.  So I 
decided to borrow some stuff from the AAA group and have created a 
issues web page for the WG at:  psg.com/~avri/gsmp

(I will ask the secretariat to add this to the official web page)

It is not a sophisticated web page nor am i very happy with it, but I 
hope it will do as a start.  Over time I will add information and 
features and hope to make it nicer and work better.  Most important 
though I will use it to track the issues we need to deal with in order 
to finish the work we have before us.

In order to help me, I ask that folks with issues follow the directions 
in:
http://psg.com/~avri/gsmp/Issues-instructions.htm

That is, I ask that issues be submitted in a form that makes it easier 
to track.  For now at least, I will be doing all the maintenance by 
hand.

Hope this helps get us moving.

a.

PS.  If I got any of the original entries are wrong or you have 
something to add, please speak up.  I went through the recent email and 
added entries for the issues I had brought up on list.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp