Subject: [GSMP] more changes to the base draft

From: Avri Doria <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:45:36 +0900

Based on conversations i had in Minneapolis, I have submitted some 
changes intended to support
the adaptation types needed for TDM switches.

    1.  changed Label TLV

           - changed length of label type to 16 bits
          -  added 16 bit adaptation type to tlv header

            (Have not yet started creating a list of adaptation types.  
I am assuming
             this is a global list that would be IANNA supported.
             For the most part I think the adaptation definitions belong 
to the
             technology specific documents, so perhaps subdividing the 
name space
             as was done with labels types is sufficient.  Opinions?)

    2.  changed definition of general adaptation parameter to identify
        special handling to be given to label adaptations. Meaning of
        opaque bit remains the same.  All other behavior to be defined
        in technology specific documents.

              (I am not sure how this technology specific attribute can 
be used.  One
               option was to completely remove the previous adaptation 
field, but I
               thought for backward compatibility it probably should 
remain.  Opinions?)

    3.  added section to port configuration record message to display
        possible adapatation types.  Each record includes the adaptation 
type and the label
       type it can be used with

------------

Still need to add more text to the document on how these are used, but 
wanted to make sure that the structural changes were submitted as soon 
as possible so folks could discuss them and so that the folks who need 
to them for the technology specific specs could use them.

I think I am close to having made all the required technical changes to 
the doc and plan to start cleaning up and augmenting the text.  The 
hope is to get this and the packet specific doc  into last call around 
the time of the next IETF meeting.  So, folks, now is a good time to 
start reading and commenting.

cheers
a.

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp