Subject: [GSMP] RE: Proposed BOF Agenda

From: "Wojciech Dec \(wdec\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:27:14 +0100

Hi All,

here's an updated agenda for the BoF to be held on THURSDAY, March 23,
2006

I have received a handful of mails asking for moving the BoF to an
earlier date in the week, and have duly asked them the IETF secretariat
for the possibility to re-schedule. Based on initial feedback, this is
rather unlikely, however let's see when the final agenda is published.

Rgds,
Woj.

---------

DESCRIPTION

There is significant interest in the use of an IP based Layer 2 device
Control Protocol to manage and configure service provider access network
equipment. This BOF will present a summary of the problem areas and
requirements as identified by discussions in the DSL Forum. A set of
protocol solution proposals based on modifications and extensions to the
GSMPv3 protocol and items for future work will also be presented. Based
on the discussion, we will determine whether we should form an IETF WG
covering this topic.

The proposed agenda for a 1hr BOF is as follows:

1. Introduction/agenda tweaking (Chair - 5 min) 2. Problem description
(T. Haag, DT - 15 min)
 - Topology discovery
 - Line configuration
 - OAM
 - Multicast
 - History
3. Overview of proposed protocol solution (TBD - 15 min)
 - Currently proposed GSMP protocol extensions
 - Current status of implementation
 - Issues
4. Proposed work items (Chair - 5 min)
 - Framework and requirements document
 - Solution document (extensions)
 - MIBs
5. Discussion and Focus (20 min)
 - Interest in WG Formation 

READING LIST and BACKGROUND REFERENCES

Related Internet-Drafts:

GSMP extensions for layer2 control            
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wadhwa-gsmp-l2control-configur
ation-00.txt

General Switch Management Protocol documents:

General Switch Management Protocol v3 - RFC3292
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3292.txt?number=3292

Draft GSMPv3 Base Specification
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-gsmp-v3-base-spec-07.txt

Other document listed under the GSMP work group charter
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/OLD/gsmp-charter.html

DSL Forum documents:

Layer 2 Control Protocol use-cases (DSL Forum work in progress)
PD21 - Liaised to the IETF by the DSL Forum on December 8th, 2005.
dsl2005.052.doc.

--
To subscribe to the L2CP discussion list please visit
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/l2cp
L2CP Discussion archive:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/l2cp/current/index.html
GSMP discussion archive:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/gsmp/current/index.html

_______________________________________________
GSMP mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gsmp