Subject: [HASMAT] draft IETF-78 agenda to be posted Thu 24-Jun

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 13:45:55 -0700

So the draft IETF-78 agenda to be posted Thu 24-Jun (tomorrow; a day later than 
scheduled).

Below's the explanation from Russ Housley (IETF chair).

I requested of our ADs that we try to schedule at least hasmat, httpstate, 
hybi, httpbis, appsarea across two or three days. I don't at this time know how 
this worked out. Given the full meeting schedule, it may or may not get set up 
this way. Anyway, we'll see the draft schedule tomorrow and can supply feedback 
on it and see what we can work out. I am aware of at least some folks who 
aren't able to attend the entire week and who're holding off on making 
arrangements in order to see the agenda. Please remember the first agenda 
iteration is a draft.

thanks for your patience,
looking forward to seeing many of you in Maastricht,

=JeffH
------

Subject: Very Full IETF 78 Agenda
From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 09:42:57 -0400 (06:42 PDT)
To: IETF WG Chairs <[email-masked]>

The IESG is working with the Secretariat to come up with the first
public draft of the agenda.  We received requests for 14 more slots than
exist on the extended (through Friday at 1515) schedule.  We have an
agenda that gives each request one meeting slot.  However, 13 groups
requested two slots, and at this point, none are receiving a second slot.

The agenda will be posted on Thursday for your review and comment.  We
are behind schedule, but further coordination between the IESG and the
Secretariat is needed.  Please recognize that a lot of work has already
gone into the agenda, and there is little room for adjustment.  It is
quite a balancing act for this meeting.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation,
   Russ

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 15:11:15 -0600

On 6/23/10 2:45 PM, =JeffH wrote:
> So the draft IETF-78 agenda to be posted Thu 24-Jun (tomorrow; a day
> later than scheduled).
> 
> I requested of our ADs that we try to schedule at least hasmat,
> httpstate, hybi, httpbis, appsarea across two or three days. I don't at
> this time know how this worked out. Given the full meeting schedule, it
> may or may not get set up this way. Anyway, we'll see the draft schedule
> tomorrow and can supply feedback on it and see what we can work out. I
> am aware of at least some folks who aren't able to attend the entire
> week and who're holding off on making arrangements in order to see the
> agenda. Please remember the first agenda iteration is a draft.

So far we've been able to schedule everything but hybi early in the week
(Monday + Tuesday).

/psa

---

From: "Thomas Hardjono" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:06:38 -0400

Peter,

Some questions:

(a) Will there be Webex, in addition to Jabber and the usual audio.

(b) Any chance of getting an evening slot (which is still daytime in the US and morning in Japan).

/thomas/

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Peter Saint-Andre
> Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 5:11 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [HASMAT] draft IETF-78 agenda to be posted Thu 24-Jun
> 
> > httpstate, hybi, httpbis, appsarea across two or three days. I don't
> > at this time know how this worked out. Given the full meeting
> > schedule, it may or may not get set up this way. Anyway, we'll see
> the
> > draft schedule tomorrow and can supply feedback on it and see what we
> > can work out. I am aware of at least some folks who aren't able to
> > attend the entire week and who're holding off on making arrangements
> > in order to see the agenda. Please remember the first agenda
> iteration is a draft.
> 
> So far we've been able to schedule everything but hybi early in the
> week (Monday + Tuesday).
> 
> /psa

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 20:20:22 -0600

> (a) Will there be Webex, in addition to Jabber and the usual audio.

Typically Webex has been used only for remote presenters. Do we have any
of those? Furthermore, recently the IESG decided to discourage even that
usage, instead preferring that someone who needs to present remotely
could find someone who will be there in person to present the slides.
The basic problem is that we have not succeeded in overcoming the A/V
challenges of interfacing audio from a large physical room into a web
conferencing service like Webex.

In the absence of Webex, you'll need to listen to the audio stream and
ask someone in the chat room to relay your questions at the mic. I
realize that's less than ideal, but it's better than fumbling around
with A/V equipment and not getting that to work. I'll make sure that we
have "relayers" in the chatrooms for appsarea working group sessions and
BoFs.

> (b) Any chance of getting an evening slot (which is still daytime in the US and morning in Japan).

The schedule is *very* full and it has been difficult to overcome all
the conflicts -- not to mention finding "ideal" times for various
sessions. Right now HASMAT is scheduled for Monday 1740-1940 -- I think
(the schedule has changed a *lot* and might change again as we try to
work through the remaining conflicts). But I'll see what I can do.

Peter