Subject: [Hipsec] Problem installing patched ipsec-tools-0.3.3

From: Halestino Pimentel <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 00:08:14 +0100

Hello,

I'm trying to test  the Boeing Linux HIP implementation. I compiled a new 
(patched) kernel and booted from. No problem till here.
My problems started when I install ipsec-tools-0.3.3 (patched with 
ipsec-tools-0.3.3-hip.patch). I issue ./configure 
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl (the directory where I installed 
openssl-0.9.7a) and get no errors. When I issue make install I get the 
following:

make[2]: Leaving directory 
`/usr/local/src/ipsec-tools-0.3.3/src/include-glibc'
Making install in libipsec
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/ipsec-tools-0.3.3/src/libipsec'
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_dump_policy.lo -MD -MP -MF 
".deps/ipsec_dump_policy.Tpo" -c -o ipsec_dump_policy.lo ipsec_dump_policy.c; 
\
then mv -f ".deps/ipsec_dump_policy.Tpo" ".deps/ipsec_dump_policy.Plo"; else 
rm -f ".deps/ipsec_dump_policy.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. 
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_dump_policy.lo -MD -MP 
-MF .deps/ipsec_dump_policy.Tpo -c ipsec_dump_policy.c -o ipsec_dump_policy.o
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_get_policylen.lo -MD -MP -MF 
".deps/ipsec_get_policylen.Tpo" -c -o ipsec_get_policylen.lo 
ipsec_get_policylen.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/ipsec_get_policylen.Tpo" ".deps/ipsec_get_policylen.Plo"; 
else rm -f ".deps/ipsec_get_policylen.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. 
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_get_policylen.lo -MD -MP 
-MF .deps/ipsec_get_policylen.Tpo -c ipsec_get_policylen.c -o 
ipsec_get_policylen.o
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_strerror.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/ipsec_strerror.Tpo" 
-c -o ipsec_strerror.lo ipsec_strerror.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/ipsec_strerror.Tpo" ".deps/ipsec_strerror.Plo"; else rm -f 
".deps/ipsec_strerror.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. 
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT ipsec_strerror.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/ipsec_strerror.Tpo 
-c ipsec_strerror.c -o ipsec_strerror.o
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT key_debug.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/key_debug.Tpo" -c -o 
key_debug.lo key_debug.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/key_debug.Tpo" ".deps/key_debug.Plo"; else rm -f 
".deps/key_debug.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. 
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT key_debug.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/key_debug.Tpo -c 
key_debug.c -o key_debug.o
if /bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../..    
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT pfkey.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/pfkey.Tpo" -c -o pfkey.lo 
pfkey.c; \
then mv -f ".deps/pfkey.Tpo" ".deps/pfkey.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/pfkey.Tpo"; 
exit 1; fi
 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. 
-include ../../src/include-glibc/glibc-bugs.h -I../../src/include-glibc 
-I../../src/include-glibc -g -O2 -DINET6 -DIPSEC -DCONFIG_BOEING_HIP 
-DIPPROTO_HIP=99 -MT pfkey.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/pfkey.Tpo -c pfkey.c -o 
pfkey.o
pfkey.c: In function `pfkey_send_hip_x1':
pfkey.c:1500: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type
pfkey.c: In function `pfkey_setsadbhit':
pfkey.c:2701: error: invalid application of `sizeof' to an incomplete type
pfkey.c:2707: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pfkey.c:2708: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
pfkey.c:2708: error: `SADB_EXT_HIT' undeclared (first use in this function)
pfkey.c:2708: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
pfkey.c:2708: error: for each function it appears in.)
pfkey.c:2709: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [pfkey.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ipsec-tools-0.3.3/src/libipsec'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/ipsec-tools-0.3.3/src'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

The problem is with a function in directory libipsec. Does anybody knows why 
this happens?
Thanks in advance,

Halestino
_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
http://honor.trusecure.com/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:10:10 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Halestino Pimentel [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 4:08 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Hipsec] Problem installing patched ipsec-tools-0.3.3
> 
> 
> Hello,
> 
> openssl-0.9.7a) and get no errors. 

Please refer installation problems directly to the implementors themselves.

Thanks,
Tom