Subject: Re: [Hipsec] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-hip-dns-06.txt

From: Julien Laganier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:16:56 +0200

Hi Andrei,

On Tuesday 15 August 2006 11:03, Andrei Gurtov wrote:
> In the next revision it would be good to update DNSSEC refs to
> RFC4033-RFC4035.

Will do.

> How about simultaneous query of A and HIP RR? It might be useful to
> save some RTTs, but it doesn't seem explicitly described.

The way queries are issued is implementation dependent. The 
description of how queries are issued is only illustrative (note the 
absence of requirement keywords and the use of the 'typically' 
adverb.)

Do you think we need additional text?

> What about storing multiple HIs per a host? Is it done using
> several HIP RRs?

Yes; this is not specific to HIP but generic to DNS usage: when 
multiple information of the same type have to be stored, multiple RRs 
are used. Examples includes A, AAAA, MX, etc.

Do you think we need additional text?

Best,

--julien

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec