Subject: [Hipsec] ICE for non-HIP protocols

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 19:51:40 +0200

Folks,

FYI: I just got the following information, which I believe is relevant 
to the HIP WG and, in particular, to the NAT Traversal for HIP design team.

I have just been informed that, as a consequence of the P2PSIP 
discussions, Jonathan Rosenberg (author of ICE) plans on producing a 
draft on "Using ICE in non-SIP Protocols". This draft will  basically 
point to the various things in the ICE spec implementations need and 
don't need to do. The draft will make it clear which sections of ICE are 
relevant to non-SIP protocols and which ones are not.

The idea is that, once this draft is done, non-SIP protocols using ICE 
(e.g., HIP) will just need to reference this document and describe how 
to exchange the parameters it defines.

In the case of HIP, it would most likely also be necessary to define 
additional ways to gather address candidates (e.g., using a HIP RVS).

The plan is to publish this draft before the next IETF.

Cheers,

Gonzalo
HIP WG co-chair

_______________________________________________
Hipsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:58:53 +0200

Hi,

of course, the subject should have said "non-SIP" protocols.

Cheers,

Gonzalo