Subject: [Hipsec-rg] OpenHIP software site
From: [email-masked] (Henderson, Thomas R)
Date: Sat May 21 17:25:00 2005

All,
I'd like to announce the start of the OpenHIP project:
http://www.openhip.org=20

The goal of the OpenHIP project is to encourage experimentation with
and development of free, open source HIP software (GNU GPL or
GPL-compatible licensed software). =20

The base software for OpenHIP is a recent release of the Boeing HIP
implementation.  This version interoperates with Ericsson and
HIPL implementations of draft-ietf-hip-base-01.txt.  This is also
the first release of a Windows XP HIP implementation, which also
interoperates successfully with the other implementations (for IPv4
at present).  Finally, we have provided patches to Ethereal for
parsing HIP packets.

There are a number of mailing lists for this project at Sourceforge:
http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=3D132288

We are seeking other interested developers and people willing
to experiment with the software-- please contact us if interested!

Tom

From: [email-masked] (Pekka Nikander)
Date: Fri May 20 04:49:00 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] HIP Multihoming Question
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

>   Can the present HIP support transmit the data to serval network 
> interface
> at the same time? For example, a node with network interface 1 (NI1) 
> and 2
> (NI2). When the other host sent the data to this node, can it send the 
> data
> to both NI1 adn NI2 at the same time? Can it support multipath 
> transfer to
> balance the traffic?

In theory, yes.  In practise, I don't know if any of the existing
implementations allows you to do that as of now.  You need some kind
of policy to decide which outgoing interface to use, and that may not
be easy, depending on your traffic conditions.

>   Futhermore, if both of the end node have more than one interface, 
> can they
> create the data path as A_NI1 => B_NI1 and A_NI2=>B_NI2 at the same 
> time?

Yes, and also A_NI1 => B_NI2 and A_NI2 => B_NI1, also at the same time.
But as I said, I am not aware of any implementation that would support
it in practise.  Furthermore, if you do that kind of multi-path 
transport,
you may end up with congestion control and packet reordering problems.
The best way to deal with them is, AFAIK, an open research question.

--Pekka

From: [email-masked] (Joseph So)
Date: Thu May 19 23:39:01 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] HIP Multihoming Question
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Dear All,
  Can the present HIP support transmit the data to serval network interface
at the same time? For example, a node with network interface 1 (NI1) and 2
(NI2). When the other host sent the data to this node, can it send the data
to both NI1 adn NI2 at the same time? Can it support multipath transfer to
balance the traffic?

  Futhermore, if both of the end node have more than one interface, can they
create the data path as A_NI1 => B_NI1 and A_NI2=>B_NI2 at the same time?

Thanks
Joseph

-- 
5 GB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

From: [email-masked] (Joseph So)
Date: Thu May 19 23:34:01 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] Did anyone develop the HIP model for simulation software?
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Dear All,
    Did anyone develop the HIP model in simulation software, such as Opnet
or NS-2? Or did anyone know where I can find those?
Thanks
Joseph
P.S. Sorry that I sent this email wrongly to HIPSec maillist before

-- 
5 GB Mailbox, 50 FreeSMS http://www.gmx.net/de/go/promail
+++ GMX - die erste Adresse für Mail, Message, More +++

From: [email-masked] (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Tue May 17 03:51:02 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] RG meeting in Paris?
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

This is a MIME-formatted message.  If you see this text it means that your
E-mail software does not support MIME-formatted messages.

--=_courier-31961-1116316251-0001-2
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Lars,

Yes, we plan to have a meeting again on Friday afternoon. Tom can't make 
it to Paris, but I and Dmitry would be present from HIIT side.

Hopefully this time slot is convinient for all group members.

Andrei

Lars Eggert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in the interest of early travel planning, do we know yet whether  
> there will be an RG meeting in Paris on Friday again?
>
> Thanks,
> Lars

--=_courier-31961-1116316251-0001-2
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--=_courier-31961-1116316251-0001-2--

From: [email-masked] (Lars Eggert)
Date: Tue May 17 03:35:00 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] RG meeting in Paris?
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

Hi,

in the interest of early travel planning, do we know yet whether  
there will be an RG meeting in Paris on Friday again?

Thanks,
Lars
-- 
Lars Eggert                                     NEC Network Laboratories

From: [email-masked] (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Mon May  2 16:26:00 2005
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] InfraHIP status
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms050305060508020006030000
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi,

FYI, this is the current status of InfraHIP project. http://www.infrahip.net

WP1. Next gen. Internet architecture

A comparison report of HIP with related technologies is completed. Table
of contents is available
http://infrahip.hiit.fi/papers/toc_comparison_report_feb28.pdf

Teemu and Andrei will visit ICSI during the summer to collaborate on the
Internet architecture work.

WP2. HIP on Linux

The HIPL implementation is being ported to the user space. Rudimental
IPv4 support is working.
For next couple weeks, we will concentrate on making BEET kernel patch
in cooperation with Ericsson that
could be used by all HIP implementations.
http://hipl.hiit.fi/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi/[email-masked]/hipl--userspace--2.6
http://hipl.hiit.fi/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi/[email-masked]/hipl--ipv4--2.6

Draft on native HIP API submitted
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mkomu-hip-native-api-00.txt

Firefox browser and apache web server are shown to work without changes
over HIPL.
HITs for hipserver.infrahip.net are available using AAAA entries in DNS.

WP3. Rendezvous and naming

Paper on Hi3 formal analysis is under submission.
Hi3 code version 0.2 is finished.
A set of new i3 servers is started here
http://infrahip.hiit.fi/hi3_status.html
Measurements with Brazil university in progress

WP4. Multiple HIP identities

A design document has been completed. Code branch with initial
implementation of multiple HI is located here
http://hipl.hiit.fi/cgi-bin/viewarch.cgi/[email-masked]/hipl--multi--2.6

WP5. Application migration

A paper will be presented on the 6th of May in ICT conference on design
principles of HIP applicaiton migration.
The implementation using the ZAP process migration system is underway,
currently somewhat delayed by porting HIPL to userland.

WP6. HIP applications

A short report on pontential HIP applications is completed.
Negotiations with groups working on peer-to-peer and grid computing are
underway to evaluate the use of HIP in P2P.

WP7. Corporate HIP

A first prototype of HIP firewall based on Linux iptables will be
shortly available.

NAT traversal work is proceeding for legacy NATs (an intern student will
implement this over summer) and NAT registration protocol.

Interviews with undustrial partners are conducted to identify thier main
interest areas for HIP.

--------------ms050305060508020006030000
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--------------ms050305060508020006030000--