Subject: [Hipsec-rg] a paper: HarMoNy - HIP Mobile Networks
From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:20:16 +0300

HarMoNy - HIP Mobile Networks
Herborn, S.   Haslett, L.   Boreli, R.   Seneviratne, A.
National ICT Australia, Sydney, Australia. stephen.herborn at nicta.com.au;

This paper appears in: Vehicular Technology Conference, 2006. VTC
2006-Spring. IEEE 63rd
Publication Date: 2006
Volume: 2,  On page(s): 871- 875
ISSN: 1550-2252
ISBN: 0-7803-9392-9
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/VETECS.2006.1682949
Posted online: 2006-09-18 09:39:20.0
Abstract
We present arguments to support the co-existence of two or more mobility
management schemes, and detail a novel approach to integrate the
mobility and multi-homing support provided by a higher level mobility
mechanism, the Host Identity Protocol (HIP), with a lower level mobility
mechanism, NEtwork MObility (NEMO, i.e. Mobile IPv6 enabled routers).
Our design integrates a context aware handoff system that triggers the
dynamic switching of the HIP host identity binding between a private
address managed by a mobile router and a topologically correct address,
in order to simultaneously take advantage of the efficient handover
offered by vehicular networks with NEMO support, and the
infrastructure-less operability of HIP when mobile routers become
unavailable. We discuss implementation and detail how our scheme uses
context cues such as vehicle speed to switch between NEMO and HIP
mobility handling. We present results of emulation experiments that
support our design.

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?isnumber=35442&arnumber=1682949&count=112&index=79

From: gurtov at cs.helsinki.fi (Andrei Gurtov)
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 14:37:12 +0300
Subject: [Hipsec-rg] proceedings for IETF68
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

The minutes and slides from IETF68 are available in proceedings
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/meeting_materials.cgi?meeting_num=68

Andrei
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 3397 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : https://listserv.cybertrust.com/pipermail/hipsec-rg/attachments/20070402/ff99f6c5/attachment.bin