Subject: [hiprg] Host Identity Protocol simulation framework for INET/OMNeT++

From: Bokor Laszlo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:13:12 +0100

Dear All,

I am happy to announce the first public release of HIPSim++ which is a
Host Identity Protocol simulation framework for INET/OMNeT++ 4.x
developed to provide a flexible toolset for testing and validation of
HIP and its extensions. HIPSim++ has been implemented with conformance
to the IETF’s HIP specifications and has been validated against a
real-life HIP testbed applying the InfraHIP implementation.

For download and further information please visit our website:

http://www.ict-optimix.eu/index.php/HIPSim

I hope that you will find interesting stuff on the page and also that
you will find the model useful in cost-effective, simulation-based HIP
experiments.

Best regards,
goodzi

--
    Laszlo BOKOR      / BME - Department of Telecommunications
----------------------/ Tel: +36-1-463-3420, Fax: +36-1-463-3307
  Research fellow   /-------------------------------------------

---

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 13:22:43 +0200

Hi,

That's a great news. People were asking for a simulation HIP model.
But simulating HIP probably is difficult because of heavy crypto
overhead, so large-scale simulation studies are likely to take plenty of
time. Is there a way to "disable" crypto to speed up simulations?

BR
Andrei

Bokor Laszlo wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> hiprg mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/hiprg

---

From: Bokor Laszlo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 12:37:50 +0100

Dear Andrei,

our HIP model does not contain full and detailed implementation of the
crypto algorithms, therefore no heavy overhead is introduced because
of the calculations. The main design goal of HIPSim++ was to
accurately simulate core HIP instruments focusing on the advanced
mobility and multihoming capabilities and wireless behaviour of the
protocol and providing only skeleton implementation of the
mathematical apparatus. However, the framework is easily extendable,
so more precise realisation of Diffie–Hellman mechanisms, RSA,
cryptographic hash functions, puzzles etc. can be introduced in the
future.

Best regards,
goodzi

--
Laszlo BOKOR  / BME - Department of Telecommunications
----------------------- / Tel: +36-1-463-3420, Fax: +36-1-463-3307
Research fellow /-------------------------------------------

2010/2/2 Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> Hi,
>
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (MingW32)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
>
> iEYEARECAAYFAktoCwMACgkQP7jp0uceFkRlHQCggsIXBuiHsed83zga/y+Z9dGN
> pIsAoOMw9Mocy6z3ec00FMapmRu49MPt
> =/s3P
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>