Subject: [hiprg] book on HIP/SMA published

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 08:54:29 +0200

Hi,

Recently another HIP book "Beyond HIP: The End to Hacking As We Know It"
by Richard H. Paine
http://www.amazon.com/Beyond-HIP-End-Hacking-Know/dp/1439256047
has been published.

I've got a copy and highly recommend the book to everybody who is
interested how the HIP can be used in real-life to secure the factory
networking as well as air-to-ground link of airplanes. This book does
not describe the HIP details themselves but focuses on attack scenarios,
integrated SMA architecture, and deployment stories. Therefore it's a
nice complement to my book "Host Identity Protocol (HIP): Towards the
Secure Mobile Internet Book"

If your are interesting to test yourself the Tofino product called
Endbox that can securely connect legacy devices through a HIP tunnel,
those are available from ByresSecurity from Canada.
http://www.tofinosecurity.com/

Andrei