Subject: [hiprg] FW: [IRSG] 'Internet of Things' research group bar BoF

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:34:48 -0800

FYI, we will have discussion of IoT at the HIP RG meeting in addition to the below bar BOF.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Aaron Falk
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:04 AM
To: JP Vasseur; Bruce Nordman; IAB; Internet Research Steering Group; IESG; culler; Ramesh Govindan; Henning Schulzrinne; Kerry Lynn; Tschofenig, Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo); Martin Stiemerling; David R Oran; Deborah Estrin; Kevin Fall
Subject: [IRSG] 'Internet of Things' research group bar BoF

I'm planning a very informal bar BoF at the Anaheim IETF to discuss the
possibility of an IRTF research group on topics under the general
heading of 'Internet of Things'.  I define this space broadly to include
embedded sensing, RFIDs, building systems (including HVAC, security,
lighting, etc), cameras & imaging, and industrial/manufacturing
systems.  I think this is a fairly large space that is a good candidate
for an IRTF research group.  While IRTF research groups are shaped by
the interests of the participants, in my opinion, such an activity would
be well served by a focus on developing an architecture, thus enabling a
common framework and terminology.

Feel free to forward to those who might be interested.  The logistics
will be based on the response to the poll at [1] and will be posted on
the IETF bulletin board at at the IRTF wiki [2].

--aaron
  Chair, IRTF

[1] Scheduling poll: http://www.doodle.com/2q3cfv8snvder2wn
[2] IRTF wiki: http://tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki.
_______________________________________________
IRSG mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.isi.edu/mailman/listinfo/irsg

---

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 11:35:40 -0800

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Aaron Falk
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2010 10:56 AM
To: Aaron Falk
Cc: Ramesh Govindan; Kerry Lynn; David R Oran; Bruce Nordman; Internet Research Steering Group; IAB; Tschofenig,Hannes (NSN - FI/Espoo); IESG; culler; Deborah Estrin; JP Vasseur; Henning Schulzrinne
Subject: Re: [IRSG] 'Internet of Things' research group bar BoF

Update: the barbof will be Monday evening, March 22nd, starting at
9:30pm.  This should give folks 2 hours to get dinner after the last
regular session.  The location will be posted at
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/irtf/trac/wiki/IoT-barbof.

--aaron