Subject: [hiprg] new HIP draft: draft-henderson-hip-vpls-00.txt

From: "Henderson, Thomas R" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 07:57:45 -0800

FYI, I will make a presentation in Anaheim on the below draft.  We (Boeing) have previously discussed how HIP can be used in an industrial controls setting:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/70/slides/HIPRG-7/sld1.htm

the draft below attempts to start some specification work in this area, for use by those other communities and vendors.

- Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 4:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-henderson-hip-vpls-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

        Title           : HIP-based Virtual Private LAN Service (HIPLS)
        Author(s)       : T. Henderson, et al.
        Filename        : draft-henderson-hip-vpls-00.txt
        Pages           : 17
        Date            : 2010-02-28

The Host Identity Protocol (HIP) and architecture adds a
cryptographic name space to name Internet hosts.  This draft
describes a use case of the HIP architecture, which is to provide a
HIP-enabled virtual private LAN service (VPLS) over an untrusted
network.  In this case, HIP is used to secure tunnels between the
provider edge (PE) equipment.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-henderson-hip-vpls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
W0ludGVybmV0U2hvcnRjdXRdDQpVUkw9ZnRwOi8vZnRwLmlldGYub3JnL2ludGVybmV0LWRyYWZ0
cy9kcmFmdC1oZW5kZXJzb24taGlwLXZwbHMtMDAudHh0DQo=