Subject: [hiprg] First HIP DEX draft -- draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-00

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 13:20:01 -0400

I have just uploaded the first cut of the ID for HIP DEX.

This now gives me until July 12 to post updates based on early reviews.

Thus I ask that people give this a read.  It DOES require having read 
5201.  I DON'T think there is anything in DEX that really requires 
reading 5201-bis (not yet pubished, Tobias is hard at work).

Of note are:

Section 5 on the new R1, I2, and R2.  I1 is how it will be in 5201-bis.
How the HIT is formed.
The puzzle is changed to use CMAC.
KEYMAT using CMAC (pretty much lifted from RFC 5869)

One thing to note about DEX is the HI is a static ECDH key.

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 1:07 PM

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-moskowitz-hip-rg-dex
Revision:	 00
Title:		 HIP Diet EXchange (DEX)
Creation_date:	 2010-06-29
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 33

Abstract:
This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
Diet EXchange (HIP DEX).  HIP DEX is a variant of the HIP Base
EXchange (HIP BEX) [RFC5201-bis] specifically designed to use as few
crypto primatives as possible yet still deliver the same class of of
security features as HIP BEX.

The design goal of HIP DEX is to be usable by sensor devices that are
code and processor constrained.  Like HIP BEX it is expected to be
used together with another suitable security protocol, such as the
Encapsulated Security Payload (ESP).  HIP DEX can also be used
directly as a keying mechanism for a MAC layer security protocol as
is supported by IEEE 802.15.4

The IETF Secretariat.